PDA

View Full Version : what l can and cant do in dreamweaver

Tim
10-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Hi, I want to build a site that has an e-comm store, a search tool that allows visitors to search through the products and lastly a database that visitors can access (via a password) to view their purchase history and other data. Basically can any of the above be built in dreamweaver without my knowing any software languages? I mastered Front Page but now need these extra features with this new site.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

PS l have tried to find a software writer to build the site but everyone is busy!

Tim

johnMoss
10-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Basically can any of the above be built in dreamweaver without my knowing any software languages?

No. :)

Database applications require a working knowledge of database languages. You can buy plug & play applications, and there are free ones to boot. Definitely NOT recommended unless you know what you are doing...

That said, if you are serious about engaging someone to build it out, there are a number of hired guns on this site, including me...

Corrosive
10-03-2012, 11:39 AM
JM is right, you will need an e-commerce platform and then build your design on top of that. Check out something like Prestashop or OS Commerce as a starting point but I'd recommend hiring someone for this because e-comm is a minefield and you must get things like security just right so experience is necessary.

domedia
10-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Yes, there's plenty of e-commerce solutions around.

Even Wordpress has several e-commerce plugins.