PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Menu: CSS Issue?

kremo5le
10-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Hey guys,

On my under-construction site devDOTottercreativestudio.com I have added a menu that when scrolling down (try!) it sticks to the top. Functionality-wise, it is done. However, the background (orange) does not flush side-to-side and when you scroll down and it sticks, only the right hand side does it.

I am using the boilerplate responsive framework: http://www.getskeleton.com/

Any help will be appreciated, as usual. :p

johnMoss
10-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Don't understand the question... The left side is stationary, is that what you are referring to as your menu?

kremo5le
10-03-2012, 12:12 AM
Don't understand the question... The left side is stationary, is that what you are referring to as your menu?

Thank you for looking into this! :p

The orange background of the menu is supposed to repeat x and it does not. :-?

domedia
10-03-2012, 03:36 PM
The orange background of the menu is supposed to repeat x and it does not. :-?

It is repeating, at least in Chrome. This is a simple and very much supported CSS property by all modern browsers.

kremo5le
10-03-2012, 05:44 PM
It is repeating, at least in Chrome. This is a simple and very much supported CSS property by all modern browsers.

I know! I design for a living. I just can't get passed this issue at the moment. I am looking for someone who can quickly look at the code of the site. :-D

I have checked on all major browsers, Mac and Windows, and it does not flush. See the image attached.

I know this is a simple thing but I am using a responsive layout and I know that's where the problem resides.

Thanks!

johnMoss
10-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Wow... IE is really a mess. I couldn't even see the menu, its not there in IE 9. I see it now in chrome... I'll be back...

johnMoss
10-04-2012, 02:02 AM
Line 42 in Dreamweaver, you have a div classed as "three columns sidebar".

Isn't that supposed to be "three.columns sidebar" ?

kremo5le
10-04-2012, 02:03 AM
Wow... IE is really a mess. I couldn't even see the menu, its not there in IE 9. I see it now in chrome... I'll be back...

Make sure you are on IE9. It works 100% on it. This website also passes V3C validation 100% and the code is clean and developed in the most efficient manner. It is my master piece!

Thanks for looking into it.

kremo5le
10-04-2012, 02:05 AM
Line 42 in Dreamweaver, you have a div classed as "three columns sidebar".

Isn't that supposed to be "three.columns sidebar" ?

I think you are looking at the splash page, not the actual development website:

devDOTottercreativestudioDOTcom

johnMoss
10-04-2012, 04:52 AM
ah, you are correct. sorry, your first post i was following the live link...

johnMoss
10-04-2012, 05:20 AM
<div id="top_menu" style="position: fixed; top: 0px; width: 940px; "