PDA

View Full Version : Website displays incorrectly in IE... Please help

kradke
09-30-2012, 02:53 AM
Hello, I am a new here and I am wondering if anyone has advice on how to get around IE dropping floats & also my spry menu bar drop down not working. My client has IE. it works great in all other browsers. I am so very frustrated. Never had this problem before. www.krtesting.com
Thank you.

johnMoss
10-02-2012, 03:32 AM
I assume you are unfamiliar with what are called CSS resets. A reset essentially makes a series of default "0" settings to all tags, allowing you to set them to your discretion free of interference from the nuances of different browsers...

If you are designing its a good idea you read up on them, they'll save you loads of frustration... Here's a link to get some code. Place this at the very top of your css stylesheet, & then review your site. Fix anything amiss in your css by setting accordingly, except make sure you do it BELOW your reset styles in the stylesheet.
http://www.cssreset.com/

d a v e
10-02-2012, 04:53 AM
and you have a typo on the front page "cabinet's" with no apostrophe, of course ;) oh and "custome" without an 'e'.

"Quality" image etc should be pngs (8-bit)

kradke
10-03-2012, 01:11 AM
and you have a typo on the front page "cabinet's" with no apostrophe, of course ;) oh and "custome" without an 'e'.

"Quality" image etc should be pngs (8-bit)

Thank you for the catch. :)

kradke
10-03-2012, 01:13 AM
Thanks John, I will read up on that. I sure hope I can get it to work. I appreciate your help.

kradke
10-03-2012, 02:13 AM
Ok, I got that code in there and changed a bit. http://www.krtesting.com/about.html I just applied it to the "About" page. I don't have internet explorer to check it at home at the moment. I also applied clear both to my footer. thanks so much.

johnMoss
10-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Well by the time you read this I gather you see you have some work to do, but all very simple fixes. Right now I see the menu is oversized as are your copy headers. Easily fixed, & now that you have the reset in place, all should render perfectly across different browsers.