PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver vs WordPress

dsaull9
09-18-2012, 11:57 PM
i recently attended a WordPress meeting here in town
and was told that Dreamweaver was "ancient technology"...
that WordPress was much easier to use and the "in" thing...
i am designing a site that will contain a database of members
who will search on their criteria for other members...

any opinions on this? any feedback from people who have
tried it?

edbr
09-19-2012, 12:59 AM
if you went to joomla convention they might say joomla is the new improved sandwich would make about as much sense.

dsaull9
09-19-2012, 04:08 AM
so just to clarify...for my purposes i should stick
with DW?

edbr
09-19-2012, 04:38 AM
if you want a cms use wordpress if you want to create your own websites use dreamweaver.

Corrosive
09-19-2012, 06:42 AM
Dreamweaver and Wordpress are two different things with two different purposes. It's like comparing apples with oranges. Anyway, Wordpress isn't even the best CMS out there in my humble opinion.

domedia
09-19-2012, 12:44 PM
For example, you can use Dreamweaver as you WordPress editor.

johnMoss
09-20-2012, 12:45 AM
For your stated purpose you definitely want to use a CMS site, but I would vote for Joomla. Its easier to use, and so far in my active experience with it is easier to keep out spammers. There a host of free plug-ins that will handle the membership, and from what I've read it seems to be a sturdier system in the presence of a large membership. My impression of wordpress is that its the best resource for a blog style site, like if your client is a writer.
But if they are wanting a more interactive experience; then Joomla...
Some good resources to look into for a joomla site, i.e. the capabilities I suspect your client wants, are Sobipro, Lyftenbloggie, and Kumena Forum.