PDA

View Full Version : rollover buttons

gpotter
09-01-2012, 08:27 PM
I'm not sure where to post this, so i figured no better place than the general area.

I'm new to using dreamweaver and im pretty much teaching myself how to use it from personal knowledge (very little) and watching mass tutorials.

Anyway my issue is importing a rollover button into dreamweaver. The button is already design in my photoshop file and as of now it is just a word. i went into photoshop, and to be sure that the button was the same size that it should be i just cropped around it from the rest of my site and created the up and over state from that. (if there is an easier way im all ears!) after that and saving it as a jpeg i went over to DW and went through the process of importing the button (just like the tutorials showed) except when i import it, it puts it next to the exiting word where the button should be and then creates vertical and horizontal white lines on the whole layout.

am i doing something wrong along the line somewhere?? ive been racking my brain for two days trying to figure this issue out. do i need to like create all my buttons separate from the layout of the site? Because as of right now the whole site is completely designed page for page; nav bar, buttons (which like i said are just words for now) and all that.

if anyone could help, or at least point me in the right direction i would be MUCH appreciated!

gpotter
09-01-2012, 09:12 PM
can anyone please help me?

Corrosive
09-02-2012, 08:36 AM
We'd need to see code or a version online please. Otherwise we are just guessing ;)