PDA

View Full Version : Navigation is fine in template but not "new" page.

fishugly
08-31-2012, 06:39 PM
First off, please forgive my ignorance...and embarrassment. I have only created one web site and it has been long enough since then that I have forgotten much of what I learned during the process.

Here goes: Notice on the following page that "sculptures", "permaculture", "primitive technology", etc under my banner are blue and underlined. Click on any of those pages though and they are grey turning to red when you run your mouse over them...the way I intended them to be. http://www.earthenexposure.com/primitivetechnology/presentations%20&%20demos.htm

Can someone tell me how to fix this...blue and underlined to grey turning to red while mousing over?

gentleone
08-31-2012, 07:59 PM
I don't know if you're responsible of this, but the directory setup on the web server is a bit of a mess. Especially the link(s) to the stylesheets(s).
I've tried to understand what's going on, but, boy... I gave up... it's a mess and it doesn't make sense either to link to different stylesheets with the same styles in it in different directories, but some had no styles in it, others were linking from within to another stylesheet via @import and on some I got an 404 error so the stylesheet was not there where you say it is.

You will have to clean up that and use one stylesheet in a directory called 'css' and link from all the pages to the stylesheet in that directory.

fishugly
08-31-2012, 09:10 PM
Yes, I'm the responsible one, hence the embarrassment. It's my one and only. Obviously, designing tidy websites is not my forte...or interest. It has served me well thus far though....at no monetary cost.:-)

At any rate, I fixed it. Just don't go look'n in the directory or at the code. ;-)

Thanks for your reply.