PDA

View Full Version : help with html5/css

BigRice
08-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Hi guys,

I am by no means an expert so please forgive me if my question seems silly.

i am making a flipbook with an html5 template.

I have mananged to do most of what I want but there are still 2 or 3 issues troubling me. I know these are simple and the answer is right there but I cannot figure it out until now.

I have about 5 different menus on top of the flipbook each with a double (open page) page for each menu item. For one of the items - classes - there is more then 2 pages of material. i have mangaged to make more pages but that results in the menu item that follows - contact us - appearing over the subsequent pages which are supposed to be under the previous menu "classes". If I could solve this I would be satisfied or the other option is this: I could have a scrollbar and have all the info on the one double page using overflow if I knew how to do it.

I have figured out how to add additional menu items but they appear in line with (on the same page) as other menu items rather than on their own unique pages.

example is going up right now at www.superstarenglish.com and the page i want to change to classes and add additional pages or overflow to is called "events" currently.

Thanks for you help! I know i could ask the template co but they are really slow even to get orders out and i have not even received any reply for any correspondence from them.

jmichae3
08-21-2012, 01:23 PM
according to the book "the css pocket guide", with overflow on auto or hidden, the element should encompass all of its content, regardless of whether the content is floated - auto draws scrollbars when necessary.

the other option is scroll which clips the content and always draws scrollbars.

there are a number of menu systems available off the top of my head.
breadcrumb
horizontal tab
vertical tab (you have more vertical space)
horizontal flyout
vertical flyout
popup

how about drag and drop for something like this? just put a heading on the page maybe. the user would have to figure out that they have to do this though, and might not be "accessible".