PDA

View Full Version : Runtime error during open attempt

rudysacaver
08-17-2012, 04:22 AM
I am a "newbie" in web designing. I do have a web-site up and running (sdhs66.com) howeveer cannot access program (DW CS4) on my computer.

I havew been given advice on how to resolve the problem (re-create a performance file) by changing the "Documents & Settings". For some reason, I cannot access this folder. I get a "not authorized to enter" message.

I activated my main account , however this appeared not to make a difference.

One last comment. What gos inside the "User" slot within the message?
The account name (SDHS Class of 66) or the login user name (shs66@sbcglobal.net)?

Thank you in advance for your patience and support. :)

Vietnam Veteran

gentleone
08-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Hi Rudy, in your previous thread Corrosive made already clear that if you don't have access to 'Documents and Settings' then you as a user on that PC don't have administrative rights to access and change stuff. Who did install/prepare your PC? You might as well ask him/her to help you out, because we can't do much for you regarding getting access to your directories and files.

What [user] is, you will see once you have access to your directories.

rudysacaver
08-21-2012, 12:26 AM
Hello Gentleone -

I rightclicked on the DWCS4 icon and accessed the program using the "Run as Administrator" option. The icon opened up, howeve when I clicked on "open" to access my site name, it was not listed. Is this due to my method of access?

My website is up and running fine (sdhs66.com), however can't locate existing files to update.

Any suggestins?

Rudy

gentleone
08-21-2012, 04:00 PM
The icon opened up...
You mean with 'icon opened up' that Dreamweaver opened?

...when I clicked on "open" to access my site name, it was not listed.
You mean in the DW menu 'File' > 'Open'?
Did you not define your site in 'Site' > 'New site' or 'Manage sites'?