PDA

View Full Version : Runtime error

rudysacaver
08-13-2012, 10:25 AM
When I attempt to open my Dreamweaver program, It gives me a "runtime error". I was told to change my personal configuration, however info provided came back as "not found".

What next?8-)

Rudy

Corrosive
08-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Have you run through this; http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-c-runtime-errors-products.html yet?

rudysacaver
08-13-2012, 08:44 PM
Hello Corrosive -

I accessed your recommended site and could not figure out where to place the "Documents and Settings" setting. Does it go on the "C" drive or ?

Remember, I can not open thje DW application

Rudy

gentleone
08-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Hi Rudy, you don't have to create that, you must rename the (corrupted) preference file that is located in \Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver folder.

Do that and see if DW will start up. If it does it will automatically create a new (clean) preference file.

rudysacaver
08-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Hello -

I see what you want me to do, however I am not totally there yet. My question is where do I place this info, C drive, internet browser, Dreamweaver file?

Thank you!:-?

Rudy

Corrosive
08-14-2012, 08:10 AM
Documents and Settings is on your C Drive.

rudysacaver
08-14-2012, 08:50 AM
Hello corrosion -

I entered the recommended info as follows: "C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\adobe\dreamweaver folder".

An error came back as "Windows could not find "C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Applicatin Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver folder". Check the spelling and try again."

Rudy

rudysacaver
08-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Hello corrosion -

I finally figure out that in place of [user], I needed to place eithr my login ID sdhs6@sbcgloba.net or "SDHS CLASS OF 66", my user account name.

I tried them both in the [user] slot, with no sucess.:confused:

Rudy

rudysacaver
08-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Hello Corrosion -

I have finally found the c:\Docuiments and Settings folder.

I attempted to open it and I received an error message saying "c:\Documents and Settings is not accessible. Access is denied."

What next. :lol:

Rudy

Corrosive
08-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Hello Corrosion -

I have finally found the c:\Docuiments and Settings folder.

I attempted to open it and I received an error message saying "c:\Documents and Settings is not accessible. Access is denied."

What next. :lol:

Rudy

Are you an administrator on your computer? To be honest you might want to find a local IT/Computer Repair company to do this for you. I get the impression that IT is not your strong point.

rudysacaver
08-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Hello Corrosive -

You are correct. IT is not my strong point. Can you please tell me what info goes in the [user] slot - My user ID or my user account name?

Thank you,

Rudy