PDA

View Full Version : paypal

edbr
07-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Had a booking request form China and it included the flight timetable. It was a touch of overkill that mad me a bit suss. anyhoo I sent an invoice via paypal.
the booking was cancelled and today i get 2 emails informing me that I have had 2 deposits made one of 544,000 $ and another of 323,000$.I searched the message source and they had completely obscured the source and really seemed to come from paypal, and was even linking to images from pp site which i though would have been hotlink protected. still i sent them on to spoof@paypal and wait to hear from them.

Corrosive
07-24-2012, 11:14 AM
We have had some very convincing spoof Pay Pal mails through recently. All properly laid out and the branding was spot on. The only thing that let it down was the 'Dear info' and the disclaimer underneath that we should know this isn't spam because they'd used our first name... Didn't just take that off that front of the email address then huh? That said, I know what to look for. A lot of people would have been fooled! Makes me angry if I'm honest :(

edbr
07-25-2012, 01:20 AM
had another 5 this morning. these telll me funds had been transfered. same deal made to look form paypal email address but i traced the ip to russia.