PDA

View Full Version : fixed header and footer

SupportAdamson
07-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Hi, I'm relatively new to Dreamweaver; is there any way you could either explain the 'freezing'/'fixing' of footer and header in more detail or direct me to the tutorial that would better explain this function?

I tried the code that was provided by DoMedia, but all it seemed to do was push my content to the side in code/design, which disappeared altogether in live/preview mode.

Thanks for all the help!

edbr
07-13-2012, 01:50 AM
i moved this to its own thread, posting in an old one lead yyou to be automatically moderated.
you need to look at using position fixed or put content in a defined height container with overflow scroll perhps

SupportAdamson
07-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Sorry about posting on that old thread, and thank you for helping me move it to a new topic.

If I'm trying to create a template for a website such that the footer and header would be fixed, but the content length (height) varies, would it be safe to assume that the better option would be to use the position fixed function?

edbr
07-14-2012, 01:09 AM
well if the length varies then is not fixed, at leat not the footer. yu could have the header in a fixed position so it is on show regardless and the footer just being below the content as in the natural flow of the page