PDA

View Full Version : Colours on links mixed up

PrPrO
06-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Hello...

first of all, here is the webpage that I will be talking about:
http://www.clm-pro.tk/trupovi_lista.php
So... when you click on the link on left side, you can see that it has his backround which I want to remove, on the page properties I've set that links are white and rollover and active links and on rollover are yellow, but they are red?!
How could I fix this... And what could be the cause of my page loading so slow... the file has 30+-kb and the template is made in Adobe Fireworks using slices

Thank you in advance!

PrPrO
06-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Hello...
I managed to fix this problem :)
Found some bad files from jquery treeview, I deleted some fo them, some of them were replaced and now it works ;)

PrPrO
06-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Now remains the problem of slow loading the page...

edbr
06-28-2012, 02:55 AM
you have a LOT of images on that site i imagine thats the problem , what is the page size in total with the images?

d a v e
06-28-2012, 07:36 AM
and you need to resize the thumbnails in an image editor or php

PrPrO
06-28-2012, 08:45 AM
I think the thumbnails are resized... the slices are the problem, because, every slice is a picture for itself, can I export from fireworks those slices like 1 slice or template?

Files have average 35+-Kb

gentleone
06-28-2012, 12:37 PM
The problem of the slow loading is all these unnecessary HTTP requests (calls to the server) to retrieve those sliced images needed for the design. I didn't count them, but if I say that there are 300 calls to the server for that page, then I'm pretty close. That's waaaaaay too much!

If you let Fireworks code your designs, then that's what you will get... unnecessary images for design, tables for layout and slow loading webpages. 99% of that design is an image... even the simple solid blue background color from your sidebars are an image.

You will have to slice only the images where you think that that is not possible to do with CSS and the rest you do with CSS. If you don't know how to do basic things with HTML & CSS then you must do some reading and teach it yourself.

d a v e
06-28-2012, 02:08 PM
the thumbnails are NOT resized to their proper pixel dimenions - they may appear to be the right size but they are not. 20-30 kb for each thumnail is too big for the pixel size they are displayed at