PDA

View Full Version : Wordpress theme redesign

tony09uk
05-23-2012, 07:58 PM
I have never used wordpress so please forgive me if this question if it is stupid and I have not yet installed wordpress.

I have downloaded a theme and upon opening it there was a lot of php tags and very little/no html for me to work with. the php seems far to advanced for me and when I opened the css file it was recognisable, but not spaced therefore not eaisly readable.

How do I go about making the adjustments that I want I.E. move the logo, change the slider, repalce different areas etc.

Corrosive
05-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Are you specifically looking to use WP or just want a CMS? ModX CMS is far more user friendly for pure HTML/CSS guys. Check it out :)

tony09uk
05-24-2012, 04:54 PM
It has to be wordpress as I am doing it for a friend as an attempt to reduce their costs with the developer and he is going to be using wordpress

edbr
05-25-2012, 01:17 AM
http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development this is a breakdown of them . there is some online that claim to 'uncompress' css sheets, they break into lines after the closing curly base I think. seen them but dont have link

domedia
05-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Trying to implement a system you have never used is not going to save anyone money.. :-/ Particularly if you can't code.

tony09uk
05-31-2012, 06:46 PM
I was trying to cut the time of setting up, by sorting the css and html, which I can do well enough.