PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver needs many minutes for every change in html file

desertman
05-18-2012, 04:58 AM
Hello,

I'm using Dreamweaver CS6 on an Intel i5 iMac with OS X 10.7.4 and 8 GB RAM.

I want to make some changes to a html file that is part of an epub file/package. I uncompressed the epub and opened the html file with Dreamweaver CS6. However, it takes now ages for each and every single change that I want to make to the html file - even such a simple thing like deleting a word takes about three to five minutes to happen. During that time the CPU usage jumps according to the Activity Monitor from 3 % to 100 % (or even 100.1 % - as strange as this sounds).

The same happens also when I use Dreamweaver CS5.5.

This strange stuff happens only with this html file that I extracted from the epub package. Other html files from websites that I created can get edited without any problem. When I open the html file in a normal text editor it looks completely normal - nothing strange to be seen in there.

Can somebody tell me what is going on here and what I can do to be able to work normally with such a file in Dreamweaver?

Thanks!

Corrosive
05-18-2012, 08:28 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but seeing as this is clearly a format issue rather than a software or processing power problem, what is epub??

edbr
05-18-2012, 08:45 AM
e books format, i used a free program for this and had the same problem

desertman
05-18-2012, 02:25 PM
i used a free program for this and had the same problem

I don't quite understand what this means. Did you use a free program for creating an epub and had a problem editing its html files, or what else?

Corrosive
05-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Did you use a free program for creating an epub and had a problem editing its html files, or what else?

Yes, I think that is what Ed means. Might just be an issue with epub files that you'll have to put up with.

johnMoss
05-18-2012, 10:32 PM
If the html code you see is otherwise fine and you can see no possible reason for this behavior, try copying and pasting the code displayed in the DW editor into a blank new file. I wouldn't use the select all feature, just highlight, copy, & paste.

edbr
05-19-2012, 02:56 AM
give it a try its dedicated to e-pub files so may be a better option for you. http://code.google.com/p/sigil/