PDA

View Full Version : creating individual user pages

sameer_752003
05-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Hi i am new to dreamweaver and HTML & PHP. I have a site created, now i want to create individual pages for my users after they login. Data will be picked up from the database. Any help greatly appreciated.

FethrdWlf
05-12-2012, 05:49 PM
If you're looking for a unique page per user that can seen by anyone (like if you wanted people to say "hey check out my page on ..."), I'm not sure. I'll bet PHP has some great file creating capabilities, though.
[here's a tutorial I just found http://www.tizag.com/phpT/filecreate.php]

If you just want a "control panel" kinda thing, where each individual user can go onto and see their own information only (change it, update it, etc.), I can help.

I typically just make a single page that has no set content on it, but instead pulls everything from a database and displays it on screen.

sameer_752003
05-15-2012, 09:30 AM
Yes i want to create a control panel or say, a user logs in and he is directed to his home page. Also a page for editing his profile. I want to do it via dreamweaver with very little of hand coding.

FethrdWlf
05-16-2012, 02:25 AM
very little of hand coding.

I'm sorry to tell you, but that's going to be hard to do then. How good are you with PHP? Perhaps I can help further.

lavegor50
05-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Using Maginot Sliced & Sliced Index templates it's possible to automatically create a separate page for each user. uses this on the User Pages to create an index linking to each users page, along with their individual page. In addition, each users submissions are automatically added to the Coranto includes for the main website.

edbr
05-16-2012, 10:21 AM
adding your signature before getting requisite number of posts will get you infractions or banned if persistent

domedia
05-16-2012, 02:08 PM
adding your signature before getting requisite number of posts will get you infractions or banned if persistent
Or if you're a spam bot ;-)
http://www.royalridge.biz/user_pages.htm

edbr
05-17-2012, 02:30 AM
i was waiting for some sort of response but it does seem like it to me

Corrosive
06-06-2012, 10:05 AM
How many Posts i have to add signature in this forum ?

Can't actually remember. Might be 10 or 20. Be warned that we don't take kindly to spam or users just boosting their post count for signatures/backlinks. If you aren't contributing with informative posts rather than just saying 'thanks for the good post' all the time then you will get banned. ;)

davidj
06-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Yes i want to create a control panel or say, a user logs in and he is directed to his home page. Also a page for editing his profile. I want to do it via dreamweaver with very little of hand coding.

@sameer_752003 Check out the video tutorials on this site. You will have to hand-code your requirements but at least you will learn a new skill and completely understand what you are doing. Give it a go, you wont regret it.