PDA

View Full Version : Landing Page Project

pimpin
05-10-2012, 01:30 AM
Hello all. I am new to DW and I greatly appreciate any input you may be able to help out with. I have a landing page which is made up of a form with a few inputs such as name address e-mail etc etc. this data is connected to a MySQL database on my server and upon proper completion the user is directed to a "success" page while an e-mail is sent to them at the address provided. that e-mail has a link in it which directs the user to a download page where they can download the information requested. i was able to do the basic design of the pages and set up but my level of knowledge isn't sufficient as yet to create an automated e-mail response. As such i hired someone to handle the coding of that portion of the site. prior to going "live" with it I created a login page for other members of my group to view the landing page and to test it out. Once satisfied that it was functional etc i removed the login page and the once functioning site became non functional and i can not locate the issue. i also changed the root directory for the site which I think MAY have contributed to the issue. once a user completes the required data inputs and submits the form instead of being directed to the success page they are directed to an error page with a 404 file not found error. additionally the server does not send out the e-mail to the address supplied anymore. the database is also NOT being populated with the form inputs which is where i think the issue lies. no data going to DB = no e-mail being sent out. the change in root directory etc must have messed up the link between the form and the db but this does not explain why the "success" page is not functional? Any way, I would greatly appreciate the help!

edbr
05-10-2012, 03:07 AM
the redirect sounds like it is to the wrong path,
is there a path to a connection script?
is it correct now if you have moved directory?
if bnot being submitted or added to the database i think it is not connecting with te script so check the action of the form.
all guesses form what you have shared im afraid

domedia
05-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Link please.