PDA

View Full Version : Organize multiple sites in Dreamweaver

jclanin
05-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Hi all,

I have about 95 sites that I mange through my install of DW CS5.5. Most of these are individual clients. But, 6 of the sites are for one particular client - and this client is adding 8 more sites for a total of 14 that I will be managing. It would be great if I could keep all sites in there separate site folder, but use the "Show Sites" drop down to find a main client folder and filter into individual sites from there.

Not sure if that makes any sense. It's perfectly logical to me. Similar to a folder structure in a mail client I suppose.

Any ideas on how I can make this happen?

thanks!

jclanin

edbr
05-04-2012, 02:05 AM
you can keep sites as you want in local view , so dont see the problem unless ive misread your post

jclanin
05-04-2012, 11:41 AM
you can keep sites as you want in local view , so dont see the problem unless ive misread your post

Thanks for the response, but that's not what I'm really talking about. In DW where you have the "Show" drop-down menu to switch other sites, I would love it if you could drop down to a client name and then have another fly-out menu to see all of the sites under that client. Seems like a logical way for multi-site organization by client.

I'm not seeing that as an option though so I'm just trying to fish for ideas. Surely there are others out there with the same dilemma.

thanks,

JC

domedia
05-04-2012, 02:04 PM
I think this question came up last year, and Ed's answer was exactly the same one :-D Just a funny observation.

You're wondering how to add subfolders in the 'Show Sites' dropdown menu, right?

Ed do you remember that old thread

edbr
05-05-2012, 01:10 AM
now that you mention it i do, ill take it that my early onset alka seltzer is no worse then.
but ASFIK re post, thats not possible to do you could assign to main folders i guess, or give local names a pre-fix to group them together