PDA

View Full Version : Multiple hotspots/behavoirs on one jpg image

Andy626
05-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Hi all, new member here...

I'm stuck on an idea I have and hoping someone can lend a hand.

I would like to have one jpg image of a vehicle. Then put hotspots on different parts of the vehicle (tires, bonnet, roof rack, etc). The links will simply go to different pages of the site but the issue I am having is that I would like a simple behavior on mouse over each hotspot such as a fade or colour change just to enhance the car part they have just hovered over.

I can't seem to get this working in Dreamweaver. I can obviously apply a hotspot on any part of the image but the behavior set actions the entire image not the particular highlighted area.

I understand that it is simply a jpg image and is not vectorized, etc but I was hoping Dreamweaver could possibly change the transparency of the hotspot area in the jpg image.

Does anyone know if this can be done or should I start to look at other avenues such as flash, etc?

Appreciate any help.;-)

domedia
05-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Dreamweaver can't, but you can. Each hotspot can be manipulated with JavaScript.

Andy626
05-06-2012, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the reply. I ended up doing something a bit easier for my skills as I know Photoshop and Illustrator quite well.

Just simply apply the hotspots to the desired links but with a behavoir set to swap image as you hover over the parts of the vehicle. I just designed up about 30 of the exact same image/size, etc with the highlighted sections where the hotspots were marked.

The result was fantasic!!!

domedia
05-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Just simply apply the hotspots to the desired links but with a behavoir set to swap image as you hover over the parts of the vehicle. I just designed up about 30 of the exact same image/size, etc with the highlighted sections where the hotspots were marked.

The result was fantasic!!!

That'd do it! :) If you want more (the fading), it gets a little more complicated, but the imageswap on hotspots works great. Link?

Andy626
05-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Thanks mate. I have all them images done now. Just need to apply the hotspots and links to the Ebay Partnership Program listings and I'll throw a link this way when done.

I got a bit carried away and now have 6 different images with over 20 hotspots/swap image behaviors on each of the 6 so It's taking longer than expected.

Stay tuned....lol

Andy626
05-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Here's the link (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/click-a-part.html?)...

Would love to hear your thoughts on it...

domedia
05-10-2012, 12:42 PM
That's pretty cool. Would an outline make it better? A subtle one perhaps..

Andy626
05-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Thanks mate, yeah I was thinking that or also having a black background blend in to a black main background of the site. Ive never had much luck trying to match image colours with BG colours though.

An outline is a good idea though...