PDA

View Full Version : Convert Excel Form to HTML

Chapo
04-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Ok... i have a file in Excel wich is a form, i saved it as a Web Page to convert it into HTML. When i opened it in DW i was there just like Excel has it, in a table. Thats fine, but now i want to make editable fills, like name, adress, phone etc.

How can i make this work ?

here is the html of the Excel sheet:
http://imperiografico.com/forma.htm

johnMoss
04-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Your link is down, but I'd scrap the thought of using an excel file & just build it out with spry tools. Consider your .xml a mock-up...

rudysacaver
05-01-2012, 01:40 AM
I would like to create a list of user names and thier corresponding passwords for site access verifcation. Is your recommendation still the way to go?

Thank tou,

Rudy

johnMoss
05-01-2012, 03:13 AM
Nope, that's a whole 'nuther ball-o-wax... For that you either learn php or use a prepackaged CMS program like Wordpress.

rudysacaver
05-01-2012, 05:28 AM
Hello John -

Thank you for your recommendations. Being a beginner, which one (PHP or Wordpress) would be easier to work with?

Thank you again,

Rudy

domedia
05-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Wordpress is written in PHP.

Hello John -

Thank you for your recommendations. Being a beginner, which one (PHP or Wordpress) would be easier to work with?

Thank you again,

Rudy

johnMoss
05-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Meaning php is a language. When you start investigating CMS sites, or Comtent Management Systems, you will find there are several to choose from. At your level of experience I definitely recommend Wordpress. Its not super cut & dry on how to use, but you will find a mountain of material out there on how to do things with it.

edbr
05-02-2012, 01:59 AM
i would also look at joomla, there are many options and plug ins available for it often free that gives a wide choice. In that respect it can be a solution for a begin level site