PDA

View Full Version : Pommo Set-up

Crumpy1
04-24-2012, 09:35 AM
Hi All,

I have been looking for a mass mail client for a mailing list,. I have read many threads on here regarding Pommo as decided to use that.

I have downloaded this now but need help on intergrating it into my website.

Could anybody please provide insructions or a video or page where instructions are available so i can set-up my mailing list.

Thanks

edbr
04-24-2012, 09:39 AM
does your host have softalicious? if so it can be installed from there. if i remember though it is simply upload forldre go to install and follow instructions, you need to name a database and give a user and set permissions, have you done that before?

edbr
04-24-2012, 09:40 AM
http://pommo.org/Install is pretty clear I think

Crumpy1
04-24-2012, 10:16 AM
does your host have softalicious? if so it can be installed from there. if i remember though it is simply upload forldre go to install and follow instructions, you need to name a database and give a user and set permissions, have you done that before?

No can you please advise how to do it.

I am using localhost at the moment just to test the website as its developed. After that i will use hostmysite.com as a host.

i am using xammp if that makes any difference.

Crumpy1
04-24-2012, 10:37 AM
No can you please advise how to do it.

I am using localhost at the moment just to test the website as its developed. After that i will use hostmysite.com as a host.

i am using xammp if that makes any difference.

Ok, i have now setup my database, i used youtube videos to set up a database and add a user. Do i give ALL permissions to me as the user?

Also i have amended and renamed config_sample.php to match the fields in my database.

Can you please tell me how to do step 7
"Visit your poMMo installation in a web browser and complete the online install procedure."

edbr
04-25-2012, 02:14 AM
it just means go to the folder you set up pommo in www/your_site.com/pommo/

Crumpy1
05-08-2012, 10:13 AM
it just means go to the folder you set up pommo in www/your_site.com/pommo/

Hi edbr,

I have done this and i keep getting the following error...

Could not establish database connection. Verify your settings in config.php

I can confirm that my username, password and database settings are correct.

Do i need to amend any of these details below...

::: Optional Configuration :::

================================================== ==================

Below Options are intended for debugging or overriding

automatic configuration.

================================================== ==================

[debug] = off

Enable (on) or disable(off). Debug mode is useful for providing

information to developers

[verbosity] = 3

Set the logging verbosity level.

1: Debbuging mode - *EVERYTHING* is outputted.

2: Informational mode - *MOST EVERYTHING* is outputted

3: Quiet mode - *IMPORTANT THINGS* are outputted [default]

[date_format] = 1

Set the preferred date format for "date" type subscriber fields.

Available formats are;

1: YYYY/MM/DD (e.g. 1969/12/15) [default]

2: MM/DD/YYYY

3: DD/MM/YYYY

::: Overrides :::

Uncomment (remove the leading "**") to define the following settings.

NOTE: These settings are auto-detected by default, and best left unchanged.

** [baseURL] = "/mysite/newsletter/"

Set the Base URL (poMMo's path relative to the webserver) e.g.;

(poMMo location) (baseURL value)

http://newsletter.mysite.com/ /

http://www.mysite.com/me/pommo /me/pommo/

NOTE: Include trailing slash

** [workDir] = "/path/to/pommoCache"

Set the "working" directory. poMMo writes files to this directory.

By default, it is set to the "cache" directory in the poMMo root.

For increased security move this directory to a location not reachable

via the web (e.g. /home/brice/work vs. /home/brice/public_html/work)

Make sure the webserver can write to this directory!

** [hostname] = www.mysite.com

Set the webhost's server name

** [hostport] = 8080

Set the webhost's listening port [Usually 80, 443, or 8080]

edbr
05-09-2012, 01:02 AM
no, they are overrides for various settings, it really does look like the database connection is not correct. check again

Crumpy1
05-09-2012, 05:57 AM
no, they are overrides for various settings, it really does look like the database connection is not correct. check again

It did not like me using the developer profile so i created another user profile and it allowed me to go to the install page. However upon completing the form i get the following error....

Database Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(14) NOT NULL, `time_registered` datetime NOT NULL, `flag` tinyint(1) NOT NU' at line 4
Installation failed! Enable debbuging to expose the problem.How do i fix this?

edbr
05-09-2012, 06:31 AM
there is if i recall a debug option in install which checks your set up and reports, sorry its been a while since i set one of these up

`flag` tinyint(1) NOT NU' at line 4 that should read NOT NULL

edbr
05-09-2012, 06:44 AM
if you are really struggling have a look at this
http://www.simplescripts.com/script_details/install:poMMo
or if you have softalicious on your hosting it will do it for you

edbr
05-09-2012, 06:45 AM
they also have forums on that link that they will set up for you

Crumpy1
05-09-2012, 04:25 PM
if you are really struggling have a look at this
http://www.simplescripts.com/script_details/install:poMMo
or if you have softalicious on your hosting it will do it for you

Could you please just recheck the link for me as i get the dead link error

Script Missing or Invalid

The script you selected is either no longer supported or has not yet been added to the SimpleScripts system.

Thanks

Oh, and thanks for the line 4 error fix, i will test it when i get home.

edbr
05-10-2012, 12:55 AM
oh, i didnt actually check for the script being there, sorry

edbr
05-10-2012, 01:16 AM
ill try and look at an installation if I get time later on. it not been a problem i've seen before.

Crumpy1
05-10-2012, 09:17 AM
ill try and look at an installation if I get time later on. it not been a problem i've seen before.

Thanks i appreciate that. Can you tell me which file it is refering to with the line 4 error? as it does not say.

Crumpy1
05-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Thanks i appreciate that. Can you tell me which file it is refering to with the line 4 error? as it does not say.

I have got it all up and running now, thanks for the help. I just need to intergrate it into my website now.

Thanks again.

Crumpy1
05-14-2012, 08:08 AM
I have managed to get the pommo program installed using the server. How do i link it to my website and get peoples details to automatically add to the database? or is it a manual process?

edbr
05-14-2012, 09:04 AM
there is a subscribe page, but you can edit your own and use the subscribe form that is is the original file, you can also add manually in the admin

Crumpy1
05-17-2012, 11:06 AM
there is a subscribe page, but you can edit your own and use the subscribe form that is is the original file, you can also add manually in the admin

Thank you for the information, i would like to do it the automatic option if possible. I am unsure which file it is that you are refering to in .../adim/subscribers folder.

Is it the index.php?

edbr
05-18-2012, 01:23 AM
the subcribe form is in the user directory so users can get to it, it calls a template .tpl file so you can edit that, to embed a form on an existing page you can use the embed.form or miniform but i cant remember where they are. or even if i made them myself, sorry it a while since i set one up.

here the code to display a subscription form

<?php
/**
* Copyright (C) 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 Brice Burgess <bhb@iceburg.net>
* This file is part of poMMo (http://www.pommo.org)
* poMMo is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published
* by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or any later version.
* poMMo is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty
* of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See
* the GNU General Public License for more details.
* You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
* along with program; see the file docs/LICENSE. If not, write to the
* Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.
*/

/**********************************
INITIALIZATION METHODS
*********************************/

define('_poMMo_embed', TRUE);
require(dirname(__FILE__).'/bootstrap.php');
$pommo->init(array('authLevel' => 0, 'noSession' => TRUE));
$logger = & $pommo->_logger;
$dbo = & $pommo->_dbo;

/**********************************
SETUP TEMPLATE, PAGE
*********************************/
Pommo::requireOnce($pommo->_baseDir.'inc/classes/template.php');
$smarty = new PommoTemplate();

// subscription forms will be activated from this template
$smarty->prepareForSubscribeForm();

// assign referer since this is an embedded form
$smarty->assign('referer',htmlspecialchars($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']));

$smarty->display('subscribe/form.mini.tpl');
?>

Crumpy1
06-28-2012, 03:38 PM
I have set-up pommo through the server.

I have created a sign up now button and a subscribe form for people to enter their name, email etc

Can anybody please advise step by step instructions on how to intergrate this into my website.

If pommo has a subscribe form already i will delete mine but i just need to know how to get the process from the sign up button, to the database.

edbr
06-29-2012, 01:20 AM
look in the users folder, there is the subscribe forms and all things related to users

Crumpy1
06-29-2012, 08:10 AM
look in the users folder, there is the subscribe forms and all things related to users

Thank you for the help, just another query. When i update anything in Pommo e.g. Administrator Username when i save the changes they never save, the arrow goes round forever. Any ideas why?

edbr
06-29-2012, 08:19 AM
no never came across that

Crumpy1
06-29-2012, 08:27 AM
no never came across that

I have fixed this issue, kind of?? The arrow goes round forever but the updates are saved anyway.

Can you add fields to the subscribe page in pommo as all as their is is an email field. I would like to know the first name of the user so i can put Dear <Name> etc on the newsletter. Also can you use an html template to style the pages so they match the websites design?

edbr
06-29-2012, 08:35 AM
yes you can make your your own designs theres options for that i believe and i think there is an option in setup where you can add fields to th e database

Crumpy1
06-29-2012, 08:53 AM
yes you can make your your own designs theres options for that i believe and i think there is an option in setup where you can add fields to th e database

Thank you for the help, it now works as far as i can see, is it possible to rearrange the order the fields appear in Pommo set-up so i do not have to cut and paste the code in different places when intergrating into my webpages in the future?

Crumpy1
06-29-2012, 09:32 AM
What is the difference between Confirm URL & Success URL? (General Settings)

Crumpy1
06-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Also how to you add an html templates design to the user pages? i have tried adding the whole page to the content div etc but it just doesnt intergrate correctly.

edbr
06-30-2012, 01:15 AM
What is the difference between Confirm URL & Success URL? (General Settings)
I imagine one asks if the submission is correct the other that it has completed.

Also how to you add an html templates design to the user pages? i have tried adding the whole page to the content div etc but it just doesnt intergrate correctly.
i dont remember , iyou might have to look at the tpl files to see what is in the template, but in sending mails which i do frequently if you look at the default ones you are inserting between the <body> </ body> tags and styles you want you must add to the body also in a <style> </style>tag. it works then

Crumpy1
07-05-2012, 09:48 AM
i dont remember , iyou might have to look at the tpl files to see what is in the template, but in sending mails which i do frequently if you look at the default ones you are inserting between the <body> </ body> tags and styles you want you must add to the body also in a <style> </style>tag. it works then

Thanks for the info, I still cannot get the styling web template to match the rest of my website.

I have done research into this and the only thing I can find is...

"poMMo can be customized by editing SMARTY (http://smarty.php.net/) templates. Any web designer can change the look and feel of all your poMMo pages, including the subscription form." I have downloaded smarty but cannot see how to make any amendments. Is there an easier way that you know of?

Thanks

edbr
07-06-2012, 01:15 AM
you dont need to download smarty. it is just the framework for the templates. it creates .tpl files which are then included ont the page. go to themes/default and shared css you can edit those and get what you want.

Crumpy1
08-24-2012, 08:24 AM
I have had a HDD failure and lost all of the work i did with pommo in my website. I have had to re-install but when i load the install.php i get the following error on install.
Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\bootstrap.php on line 56

Strict Standards: Declaration of SafeSQL_MySQL::_sql_escape() should be compatible with SafeSQL::_sql_escape() in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\inc\lib\safesql\Safe SQL.class.php on line 242

Strict Standards: Declaration of SafeSQL_ANSI::_sql_escape() should be compatible with SafeSQL::_sql_escape() in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\inc\lib\safesql\Safe SQL.class.php on line 267

Strict Standards: Non-static method PommoHelper::parseConfig() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\inc\classes\pommo.ph p on line 71

Strict Standards: Non-static method Pommo::requireOnce() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\install\install.php on line 25

Strict Standards: Non-static method PommoAPI::getParams() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\inc\classes\pommo.ph p on line 183

Strict Standards: Non-static method Pommo::requireOnce() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\install\install.php on line 36

Strict Standards: Non-static method Pommo::requireOnce() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\inc\classes\template .php on line 21

Strict Standards: Non-static method Pommo::requireOnce() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\inc\classes\template .php on line 105

Strict Standards: Non-static method Pommo::requireOnce() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\inc\classes\template .php on line 106

Strict Standards: Non-static method PommoInstall::verify() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\install\install.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Non-static method SmartyValidate::is_registered_form() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\install\install.php on line 52

Strict Standards: Non-static method SmartyValidate::connect() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\install\install.php on line 54

Strict Standards: Non-static method SmartyValidate::is_valid_smarty_object() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\inc\lib\class.smarty validate.php on line 48

Strict Standards: Non-static method SmartyValidate::_object_instance() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\inc\lib\class.smarty validate.php on line 49

Strict Standards: Non-static method SmartyValidate::register_form() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\inc\lib\class.smarty validate.php on line 50

Strict Standards: Non-static method SmartyValidate::is_registered_form() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\inc\lib\class.smarty validate.php on line 83

Strict Standards: Non-static method SmartyValidate::_smarty_assign() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\inc\lib\class.smarty validate.php on line 92

Strict Standards: Non-static method SmartyValidate::_object_instance() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\inc\lib\class.smarty validate.php on line 643

Strict Standards: Non-static method SmartyValidate::register_validator() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\install\install.php on line 56

Strict Standards: Non-static method SmartyValidate::is_registered_form() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\inc\lib\class.smarty validate.php on line 374

Strict Standards: Non-static method SmartyValidate::unregister_validator() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\inc\lib\class.smarty validate.php on line 378

Strict Standards: Non-static method SmartyValidate::is_registered_form() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\inc\lib\class.smarty validate.php on line 448

Strict Standards: Non-static method SmartyValidate::register_validator() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\install\install.php on line 57

Strict Standards: Non-static method SmartyValidate::is_registered_form() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\inc\lib\class.smarty validate.php on line 374

Strict Standards: Non-static method SmartyValidate::unregister_validator() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\inc\lib\class.smarty validate.php on line 378

Strict Standards: Non-static method SmartyValidate::is_registered_form() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\inc\lib\class.smarty validate.php on line 448

Strict Standards: Non-static method SmartyValidate::register_validator() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\install\install.php on line 58

Strict Standards: Non-static method SmartyValidate::register_validator() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\install\install.php on line 59

Strict Standards: Non-static method SmartyValidate::register_validator() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\install\install.php on line 60

Strict Standards: Non-static method SmartyValidate::register_validator() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\install\install.php on line 61

Strict Standards: Non-static method Pommo::_T() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\install\install.php on line 64

Strict Standards: Non-static method Pommo::_T() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\install\install.php on line 65

Strict Standards: Non-static method Pommo::_T() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\install\install.php on line 66

Strict Standards: Non-static method Pommo::_T() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Barkers\pommo\install\install.php on line 67

Their is more underneath in bold letters and some in red text. Is their something obvious i have not done?

Thanks