PDA

View Full Version : PHP MySQL server connection error

pimpin
04-22-2012, 12:23 AM
Hello all. Fairly new at DW and I have been watching all the tutorials etc i can but I'm having an issue that neither my hosting company nor I can figure out. I am trying to create some dynamic data tables for a login page and when DW goes to connect to the server it comes back with a mapping error but the root file is correct. I have set up the db and table in MySQL admin but nothing shows up in DW. DW connects to my server I have confirmed that, but it is unable to connect to the root folder and I have confirmed the root folder directory with my hosting co just in case i had that wrong. not sure how to attach a screen shot or i would but any help would be greatly appreciated.

edbr
04-22-2012, 01:29 AM
so your remote folder is not showing?
as for the connection to the database it maybe your hosting does not permit this

pimpin
04-22-2012, 01:53 AM
contacted the host and they tell me there is no problem on their end, all looked fine to them. the error i get says that the directory ,........./_MM.... does not map to root, check URL prefix... as I say, I have entered the root folder but no joy.

edbr
04-22-2012, 03:37 AM
can you post the connection details you have used?

pimpin
04-22-2012, 05:20 AM
root directory is

/var/www/***********/data/www/mydomain.com/

followed by root user name and password

pimpin
04-22-2012, 08:33 PM
K... fixed the connection issue (turned out to work with the IP number rather than URL?). However now I have another issue in that my new login page does not function properly. I set up the database and the table (with three fields). I have entered the users, their ID and password but the page keeps reverting back to the failed login option?

edbr
04-23-2012, 01:37 AM
need more to go on to try and find the error

pimpin
04-23-2012, 04:20 PM
I have created the db and the table on the server. I created the tables and fields in DW forms and went through the authenticatian/login/password setup step. Saved on both the server side and the local side. The login page comes up when I type in the IP but does not connect to the landing page when i type in the user name and password.

pimpin
04-23-2012, 09:37 PM
problem solved. turned out be an issue with the connections folder i think? I started over from scratch and the second time through it worked fine with the db etc. Thank-you for taking the time to respond to my newbie questions... it's greatly appreciated!