PDA

View Full Version : AP DIVS Question

acalhoun
04-18-2012, 08:48 PM
I am needing to have 2 text boxes on my page. The one will have the page content, and then directly underneath will be another articles link box.

Right now they are created using separate AP DIVS for each (set to absolute) - and look fine.. however....

I would like to make the height auto on the first box, so I can basically fill in as much content as I need and the box will just grow. When I try this though.. it overlaps the box underneath when more text is added..

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the lower box move down as more content is added to the top box?

Hope this makes sense.

edbr
04-19-2012, 01:01 AM
dont use absolute positioning is the answer frankly

gentleone
04-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Edbr is right. If you just use the normal flow of the page and thus not setting a position, but just use the default value of the 'position' property which is 'static', it will do what you want.

acalhoun
04-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Ok thanks, that's kind of what I was thinking.. however I wanted one of the boxes to overlap, and was finding it difficult to do this using normal divs.

Thanks for confirming though. :)

gentleone
04-19-2012, 01:52 PM
however I wanted one of the boxes to overlap, and was finding it difficult to do this using normal divs.
You can use a negative margin-top value to shift the lower div up, so that the upper div overlaps the lower div.