PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver Views

djrokit
04-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Hi, its my first post so take it easy on me!! :razz:

I have DW CS5 and am quite a novice but create the odd website for friends etc....and a bit at work, normally basic HTML / CSS (more of a hobby).

However I have a template given to me that has a java script of three rolling images in it, which looks good but when I open the page in DW in split view, I can not edit the html underneath the java images, they cover the screen...its driving me mad as I need split view and am not good enough to do it all in code view. I dont want to delete the Java, and have tried every view option I can see, so can I "hide" the java whilst working on the html underneath?

Thanks

lycialive
04-19-2012, 01:50 PM
You might try going to preferences, then choose "invisible elements", then check the box "script". I'm not using any js on mine yet so I can't test it out. Hope it works.

djrokit
04-19-2012, 02:13 PM
cheers, I will give that a go tonight, I also used the <!-- in front of the java code div, then a --> at the end, this comments it out and enables me to then view and work on the html in split view, then I just remove it before I save, worked well, but I will try your way later.......Thanks