PDA

View Full Version : Need a little Layout Help

Tomcat104
04-01-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm working on a layout and I have forgotten a few things that I need help on. I've had a stroke and forget things that I knew and now have temporarily forgotten, I will remember them but....in days, weeks or months is the question.

How can I make my 3 - columns the same length? I thought it was as simple as adding a background file but evidently I was wrong.
How can I make a "border" on the bottom after the footer? I thought I needed to add some bottom padding but that didn't work.I apologize for my memory loss but thanks to this forum I feel I always have a "backup", thanks guys.

rcwarplanes.com/DW Class/index.html (http://rcwarplanes.com/DW%20Class/index.html)

edbr
04-02-2012, 02:06 AM
columns will only stretch to the content inside them but you can make them appear to be the same with some images ,or set a height for them (min-height?)

you could use border-bottom:

Corrosive
04-02-2012, 12:43 PM
You can use a thinly sliced image, repeated to create the effect of three even columns.

Tomcat104
04-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Da%#, I partially did the way Corrosive suggests; I created the PNG images but forgot to put them in my DW file. That's why it didn't work, oh well I ONLY forgot 1 (critical) step!

Thanks (again) guys.