PDA

View Full Version : novice help with dream weaver

nqcowboy87
03-27-2012, 07:23 AM
i havent used dreamweaver since 2002, and now im needing to do a website for a university assignment. is there a way where i can once i insert an image or rollover image to manually move it around the page, someone mentioned ap div tags but i couldnt get more than that. any help would be much appreciated

edbr
03-27-2012, 07:32 AM
app divs are relatively positioned layers . It can lead you to dark pastures best to use, if you must use them in a parent relative div so the will take there positioning from the parent and not the screen. better yet is use relative and margins for your positioning

nqcowboy87
03-28-2012, 07:43 AM
could i get a simpler (say a dreamwevare for dummies) answer
sorry i am an absolute novice

edbr
03-28-2012, 07:59 AM
ha sure sorry. positioning absolute takes its reference form for example left and top. if added to a web page the reference point will be the side of the screen. if in a relative positioned (parent) div it will use the top and side of that div . it problems arise usually when encountering different screen resolutions or browsers opened partly for example.
using relative positioning is using a flow od design and you could for example use absolute to position images in a div, or a flyout box in a menu.
I really would advise against using ap divs for 'general' layout though it does often become a minefield