PDA

View Full Version : dreamweaver in dropbox

dipster777
03-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Hi

Im just wondering if anyone can help, my fioncee and i are both working on a site so we have the root files saved into a dropbox folder so we can work on it from wherever we are.
but whenever we save from a different location it seems to create a conflicting copy

for example

index.html will become
index.html ( Danny conflicting copy)

this is exactly how it appears, it doesnt do it for any of the other files like images etc just the pages, is there a setting in dreamweaver that i can stop this doing this, i can imagine that its a failsafe but its causing more problems than anything else

Thanks

Danny

Corrosive
03-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Hi Danny

This sounds more like a Dropbox issue than a Dreamweaver one. Probably your best bet for working collaboratively is to set up your site on a remote server (hosting) somewhere and use the check in/out options built in to Dreamweaver. That will prevent conflicts by alerting you if a file is 'in use' by another member of your team.

AFAIK there is no support for using Dreamweaver and Dropbox in this way... But I could be wrong!

dipster777
03-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Ok cheers for that its an unusual one I have never come across it before but then again we have never tried to work on the same site from different locations before

dipster777
03-17-2012, 12:36 PM
I think another question would be is dropbox the best online storage to use, i have found it the simplest but are there better options out there

domedia
03-21-2012, 01:54 PM
I don't think anyone else is doing this. If you set up a development server, and check files in and out like Corrosive suggested, you can also see the current state of the site you are working on.