PDA

View Full Version : Template problem

SilverAce
03-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Here's my question - if you have template based web pages and somehow they get unlinked from the template, is there a way to relink them?

PS: I have no idea how they got unlinked.

johnMoss
03-20-2012, 01:02 AM
Did you try Modify > Templates > Apply template to page? Or perhaps update pages... My impression is a notes file from site management has been removed from the template directory. Apply template is roundabout way of reinstating the link but it will work for sure. A little housecleaning will be required in your script but shouldn't take too long.

SilverAce
03-20-2012, 01:30 AM
Did you try Modify > Templates > Apply template to page? Or perhaps update pages... My impression is a notes file from site management has been removed from the template directory. Apply template is roundabout way of reinstating the link but it will work for sure. A little housecleaning will be required in your script but shouldn't take too long.

Yeah that makes sense. I have no idea how it happened, but that tip is awesome! I looked all over the net for something like "apply template" thanks man.

johnMoss
03-20-2012, 01:50 AM
You're welcome. Be a good idea also to go in & delete your site management and redo it. That might be an even easier fix. I'm sold this was a site management issue somehow... One has to assume all your original page links are still in place, just not being updated because site manager has lost its command protocol.