PDA

View Full Version : DW & Flash issues !!!

Chapo
03-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Ok...not sure what happened but let me try to explain.

I created a site in Flash and then used DW to add css and upload the site. But somehow during this process my .fla file was damage and can't get it to open. Now my problem is that i have to edit the preloader and i can't update or change the site because my .fla will not open. I only have the swf and lucky that its online already. I heard that sometimes this happens when having flash, dreamweaver and bridge open at the same time.

What can i do, how can i make my .fla work again to edit it ?

this is the site www.graphicempire.com. I also have the original .fla, it says its corrupted or damage.

Thanx

gentleone
03-03-2012, 05:55 PM
There are swf decompilers, but never used it myself so I can't tell you more about it. Have a google and pick a free one to see what it does.

edbr
03-04-2012, 02:01 AM
free ones are often resrticted to numberof files they will extract but they do work

Chapo
03-04-2012, 02:51 AM
Well...im lucky because i just found a copy of the .fla in my usb.

I found some software that actually makes a .fla with the swf, but also converts the swf into HTML 5 and says that it works fine in all browsers and doesn't need flash player.

Is this true? Can you convert a full flash movie into html 5 and still work, look and do the job the exact way ?

Ricky55
03-12-2012, 02:46 PM
I very much doubt it unless its the most simple animation ever created.

Regarding SWF decompliers. Sothink is the best one IMO but they aren't really designed to create a fully working FLA they are more for users to look at ActionScript to see how things were coded.

Have a look at Adobe Edge, might be better creating something in that from scratch, not used it myself hearing mixed reviews but might be worth checking out if you don't wanna use Flash.