PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Cart Plugin.

Crumpy1
03-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Hi All,

Can anybody recommend a shopping cart pluggin for CS5? I would prefer the drop down cart if possible but this is not essensial.

Thanks

Corrosive
03-01-2012, 02:06 PM
To be honest, if you are looking at a simple store with a few products then check out Paypal's merchant tools. You can make a perfectly good store with those.

Crumpy1
03-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Thank you for the info, i am looking at selling around 600ish products. Is this classed as a few? i really wanted something that i could intergrate into my site including the payment as i want my site to look as corparate as possible.

Thanks

Corrosive
03-01-2012, 02:23 PM
i am looking at selling around 600ish products.

No, then ignore me. I wouldn't recommend Paypal for 600 products! Personally we use a whole e-comm platform called Prestashop for online stores so have no idea about DW plug-ins. I think I'd have security concerns about that if I am honest.

Also, let a third party payment gateway take card details etc. Don't take these details through your website as there is no way on earth you'll achieve PCI/DSS compliance. Most decent payment gateway providers (such as World Pay or Sage Pay) allow you to style a payment page to match your website but you don't have to worry about storing all those customer and card details that hackers just love to get their hands on!

Crumpy1
03-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Thank you very much for that, i do want to use a third party for the transaction but i do not want it to look like they have left my site to make payment as it looks a bit cheap i always think. The Pretashop software at al glance looks like what i need. Thank you very much for that much appreciated, is it easy to set-up or does it involve tonnes of programming.

Thanks

Corrosive
03-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Every Prestashop install and development has its headaches but, overall, I find it pretty easy to use. Problem is it sounds like you have your website built already and just want to add e-comm functionality. Is that right? Because Prestashop would pretty much mean starting again! If so there are some halfway houses out there (none of which I have tried I have to add). Check out services like http://www.foxycart.com/

Crumpy1
03-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Yes my site is already built just need to add the e-commerce parts to my items/basket etc. I will checkout the foxycart link. Thanks alot for your help it has been very much appreciated.

Corrosive
03-01-2012, 03:08 PM
You are welcome :)

Ricky55
03-01-2012, 03:20 PM
There is also an Dreamweaver Extension shopping cart called CartWeaver if you are wanting to say within the Dreamweaver environment.

It was a bit long in the tooth but its just been upgraded to version 4 might be worth checking out.

Its not free though.

http://www.cartweaver.com/welcome-to-cartweaver/

Crumpy1
03-01-2012, 04:03 PM
There is also an Dreamweaver Extension shopping cart called CartWeaver if you are wanting to say within the Dreamweaver environment.

It was a bit long in the tooth but its just been upgraded to version 4 might be worth checking out.

Its not free though.

http://www.cartweaver.com/welcome-to-cartweaver/

Thank you very much this is more like what i need. Is it best to get PHP or cold Fusion whats the easiest?

Sorry to be dumb but this is my first ecommerce setup.

Crumpy1
03-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Thank you very much this is more like what i need. Is it best to get PHP or cold Fusion whats the easiest?

Sorry to be dumb but this is my first ecommerce setup.

also does Cartweaver 4 include the account section where people loggin to their account and update their details, see order status etc. or is it just the cart?