PDA

View Full Version : CS5.5 Design view problem

cacn editor
02-28-2012, 05:58 PM
My first posting! I am using Dreamweaver 5.5 on Macbook Pro and iMac with Lion 10.7.3. All is well on the laptop but on the iMac the Design view fonts do not match the live view fonts. Opening up same file with Dreamweaver 4 on same machine then all is OK. So the problem lies with CS5.5 on the iMac. I have deleted preferences and restarted. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have had non-helpful chat with Adobe. I have looked through pages generated by Google. All to a frustrating conclusion.
Is there anyone on the Forum who can offer words of wisdom to a fairly newbie?
I should add that the css style sheet is an external file.
In hope
Peter :(

johnMoss
02-29-2012, 07:22 AM
Found this, hope it helps. Apparently you're not alone...

http://www.codez4mac.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=196&t=58169

deactivate the Font Activation plugin via Suitcase/Suitcase Fusion 3/Manage Plug-ins...

cacn editor
02-29-2012, 08:33 AM
John, Thanks for the reply I do have Suitcase Fusion 3.
I tried deactivating all plug-ins and auto-activation settings for the whole of the Adobe Design suite of programs; still same problem. What puzzles me is that Dreamweaver CS4 accessing same files on same computer is all OK, it is only when I switch to Dreamweaver CS5.5 that the problem occurs.
Thinking that it might be a clash between CS5.5 and Lion I tried my Mac laptop which has same Lion operating system and CS5.5. All is OK there.
Do I have to resolve this by reverting back to using Dreamweaver CS4 on the iMac and Dreamweaver CS5.5 on the Macbook? :-(

DWcourse
02-29-2012, 02:41 PM
What are the fonts you are using?

cacn editor
02-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Only using the fonts "built in" Dreamweaver; my paragraph text is Georgia/Times/New Roman set although the Design view is showing a sans serif font (I think Verdana set) , When I go to live view all is OK and design shows correct font. Back to design view and all reverts to a different font. Browser test displays the correct output