PDA

View Full Version : test server configuration

mbistato
02-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Hi everyone!

I have started to use dreamweaver Cs5 few days ago and I have a little problem concerning how make php pages show while I'm building my site web (basically a sort of preview of my siteweb). When I do click on "Live view" command it doesn't appear my page. Which are the setting to fix this problem? I read a lot about test server, local server etc etc but I didn't get the meaning. The main folder where is my site web is called MYSHOP, so what it should be the name of my site web and server?

Thank you in advance!

Corrosive
02-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Are you using a PC or a Mac?

mbistato
02-12-2012, 09:36 AM
a pc........................

Corrosive
02-12-2012, 09:55 AM
OK, in that case you need to start with this; www.wampserver.com

This creates an Apache testing server on your PC. You need this for PHP based websites because PHP needs a server to 'parse' the code and output the HTML that makes up your layout.

Ones you have WAMP downloaded and installed on your machine you'll need to follow this guide all the way through; http://webdesign.about.com/od/dreamweaverhowtos/ss/dw_dynamic_site.htm

It can get a bit confusing I must warn you but the upshot is you'll have a great, local test environment for your website and Liveview will then work with PHP.

Hope that helps.