PDA

View Full Version : Paste is not working in dcoument window

AmeJane
02-12-2012, 05:09 AM
I googled this and another person (providing limited info other than DW5.5) has the same issue on the adobe forum, but there has been no good answer yet.

DW CS5/OSX 10.6.8. Paste does not work in Document Pane, code or design. Started saturday 2/11, worked fine friday 2/10. Only change to system: There was an automatic firefox update that installed. I have tried runnig without firefox installed and going back 1 and 2 versions with no change (not sure if there are hiding prefs other than the plists I deleted).

Copy and paste still works in the properties panel. In the document pane in both design and code, paste(short cut, edit or contextual menu) does not work but the highlight and drag (move and option drag to copy) method still does but must be within the same document.

I can paste copied from document pane info outside of DW. When paste special is available in the contextual menu it works. this is not available in code view.

Have restarted and even full shut down MANY times. I have trashed all the preferences I could find that have been modified since friday. I don't have time machine set up to go backwards and my software is still packed away somewhere to do a reinstall.

Any other ideas?

DWcourse
02-13-2012, 09:48 PM
On a Mac? I've noticed that sometimes it depends upon the program the text comes from. Try pasting into a text editor and then copy and paste into DW and see what happens.