PDA

View Full Version : Should I or should I not.

Number10
02-11-2012, 06:07 AM
Hey All.

I have a website which is php. Has over 50 pages, would converting it to html be a nightmare or am I better off with it in php.
Just have problems with all the local host things and MyPHPadmin stuff. have to find some one to walk me though it step by step. But have no luck as yet. I use Dreamweaver CS5.5.

Hope someone can lead me the right way.

Cheers.:lol:

Corrosive
02-11-2012, 07:05 AM
Can you give us a link to the website please?

Number10
02-11-2012, 07:33 AM
sure can

www.mudgeepublic.com.au (http://www.mudgeepublic.com.au)

Corrosive
02-11-2012, 07:39 AM
Cool, so what is the PHP doing do you think? Is it just there to make things like the contact form work or are parts of the site broken up into 'includes' files called by the PHP? Sorry for questions, just trying to get a feel for your dilemma. Also, what problems are you having with PHPmyAdmin?

Number10
02-11-2012, 10:15 AM
what problems are you having with PHPmyAdmin?

Think I can setup a localhost. but when I have setup PHPmyAdmin not sure what to do and how to get it on host site.

As for php, always having problems with .swf files and flash videos.
All my html sites, I never have trouble with as I don't have to do the localhost thing.

Corrosive
02-11-2012, 10:20 AM
I'd say your issues with flash and .swf are probably down to your site definitions in Dreamweaver. If your local (localhost) copy running on WAMP/MAMP matches exactly your remote copy running on the server then it should all work.

As for PHPmyAdmin on your hosting they tend to provide that for you anyway. No need to upload it.

Basically you should define your site, set it up on localhost/local server, edit and make changes and then FTP those changes to the remote server.

If this is confusing you then it might well be a good idea to convert to an HTML site. It just might take some time!

edbr
02-11-2012, 10:21 AM
is there an existing database? localhost problems with flash? i dont undersatnd that at all. what problems are you having?