PDA

View Full Version : help please

monkeymedia
02-07-2012, 06:49 PM
it appears the the 4grey column isnt loading its css rules and I just cant figure out why.

thanks in advance for the help

page is here

http://www.spotlessvaleting.com/test/index.php

its the bit that says 'heading' it should have an image behind it

gentleone
02-07-2012, 09:21 PM
classes or id's shouldn't start with a number. That's why it doesn't load the styles anymore and also not further down the cascade. It just stops. Just get rid of the number. You should also come up with a better class name then 'grey' for semantics.

monkeymedia
02-08-2012, 10:28 AM
cheers Gentleone, thought it would be something like that.

I kind called them what I called them because the design is based on a 16 square grid, and I have identical graphic chunks in various colours and widths so I can pretty much make the pages up as I go along (I'm not, I do have it all planned out but I'm thinking for he future)

What would you suggest I call them in this case? I will probably just swap the colour and number round so it avoids the current problem.

monkeymedia
02-08-2012, 10:30 AM
also, someone needs to tell Adobe about the naming convention for classes etc as the dw preview was working. (yeah I know its horribly broken at best but still...)

domedia
02-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Adobe just made the software. The protocol for CSS is made by W3C. You cannot start CSS classes and id's with numbers. Apart from that you can call them whatever you want. 8) also, someone needs to tell Adobe about the naming convention for classes etc as the dw preview was working. (yeah I know its horribly broken at best but still...)