PDA

View Full Version : Pre-made script editing

SilverAce
01-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Okay, so here's the deal. I recently purchased a script for a coupon site I'm doing. The script includes a template for a webpage.

Yet, when I try to open the script into Dreamweaver, all of the pictures don't load and the page isn't organized.

It's obviously having some trouble linking with the rest of the site. Does anyone have any experience with this - I'm willing to send the folder to someone to take a look at, thanks!

Corrosive
01-18-2012, 08:37 AM
This sounds like your paths are incorrect. By that I mean the links to the stylesheet and the images (and possibly other items on the page). You need to check these are all correct.

SilverAce
01-18-2012, 09:02 AM
No, the paths work, the site is up, using their template. www.coupon-cowboy.com.

I can send you the files if you want to look at them Corrosive.

Corrosive
01-18-2012, 12:23 PM
Sorry, should have been clearer. The page you have created references files at 'coupon cowboy'. As these are not in your local site folder they will not appear in Dreamweaver for you to edit.

SilverAce
01-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Sorry, should have been clearer. The page you have created references files at 'coupon cowboy'. As these are not in your local site folder they will not appear in Dreamweaver for you to edit.

I'm not sure I understand. Could you explain how I could go about formatting these pages and editing them or is there something I need to do first? I'm just not that familiar with this kind of set up.

Thanks man.

SilverAce
01-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Also, Corrosive if you have a second to maybe skype about it I would love you forever (I could post the solution for people to see too). My skype is silverace88

Corrosive
01-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Have just added you.

SilverAce
01-18-2012, 08:58 PM
Sorry, I was out. I just added you and left on my skype for you to message me when you get back. Thanks!

SilverAce
01-23-2012, 03:20 AM
hey corrosive would you be open to talking some time this week, im pretty open at any time. thanks man.