PDA

View Full Version : New CSS Rule Popup...

GreenGhost
01-12-2012, 01:33 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm doing the DW tutorial from Adobe (the fictitious Check Magazine Website) and I'm on part 5 where the Spry menu bar gets put in.

The problem I'm having is that then I try to make a new CSS rule by clicking the "new CSS rule" button on the CSS Styles panel (at the right), the New CSS Rule Popup only lists "(this document only)" or "(new style sheet file)" as choices for the Rule Definition drop-down menu at the bottom.

I would need to apply it to the Check_CS5.css document but that document is not listed so I can't.

I would like to know how to get the document to be listed in the New CSS Rule popup.

Note: This was not happening before when I did parts 1 to 4. I think this is happening now because I was not able to add the Spry bar. I mean, I completed parts 1 to 4 by following along, step by step, but when I tried to use what I had done (parts 1 to 4) for part 5 the spry menu bar didn't show up on the page and I couldn't fix it, so I just downloaded the completed part 4 zip file from Adobe. Now the popup won't list my Check_Cs5.css document.

Please can anyone help so I can continue?

GreenGhost
01-12-2012, 01:49 AM
Ahhh... nevermind, I got it.

I removed the old website from "manage websites" and closed DW then re-opened and re-saved the site. Both sites have the same file names, so DW couldn't find the file. Also the entire code for the Spry menu bar had to be selected, which it wasn't before.

My bad...

edbr
01-12-2012, 04:09 AM
good to get the answer. welcome to the forum

GreenGhost
01-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Thanks..............