PDA

View Full Version : XAMPP and DWCS4 Site Info - URL Issue

JR_Ohio
01-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Ok, guys. I'm a newbie so here goes. I installed XAMPP. No problem. The path is C:\XAMPP\HTDOCS\137-church\HTML\CSS Tables Site. C:\XAMPP obviously the root. It runs, so that is fine. I am trying to set up the site info in DW and cannot get my browser (Chrome) to find and start the page up. (If you didnt already guess, our church bought a template which resulted in the church-137 folder.). The index.html file is in the .......CSS Tables Site folder. In the site manager I tried http;//localhost/churchmax
For the testing folder I used C:\XAMPP\HTDOCS\137-church
etc. When I use FILE/VIEW WITH BROWSER in DW I get the message

ERROR localhost/churchmax/html/CSS%20TAABLESS%20SITE/index.html

I am out of ideas to test. I am sure there is a simple solution "but I ain't thought of it yet!!" Anyway, thanks for any help you can give. I am sure it has to do with how I set up the Site Manager. (PS - if you wnat to point me to a good tutorial, thats fine. - I forgot to add I have DW For Dummies and DW Bible)

JR_Ohio

DWcourse
01-11-2012, 11:11 PM
try localhost/137-church etc. in your browser

JR_Ohio
01-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Thanks guys. Well, I tried localhost/church-137 and it returned error 404 I tried http://localhost/church-137 and same thing. I will keep trying other variations. Any other hints?

JR_Ohio

DWcourse
01-11-2012, 11:52 PM
The 404 error indicates the server is working but the requested file wasn't found. Do you have an index.php or index.html file in that folder?

JR_Ohio
01-11-2012, 11:59 PM
OK, I solved the problem thanks to you guys pointing me in the correct direction. The whole thing (I think) was because it wasn't CSS TABLES Site BUT it was CSS TABLESS Site!!!! When I tried

localhost/137-church
it errored out. So I tried

localhost/137-church/html
it came back with the list of subdirectories off that that to try and I saw that the subdirectory was CSS TABLESS SITE instead of CSS TABLES SITE!!

So, I typed
localhost/church-137/html/CSS TABLESS SITE/ and away we go.

So I am guessing that goes in the SITE MANAGER URL line.
So, thanks guys, I will be a regular user and watcher of your forum.

:-D
JR

DWcourse
01-12-2012, 01:00 AM
You'll probably want to set that folder up as both your local site and as the testing server.