PDA

View Full Version : Selection -> Remove All Tags Shortcut?

DwayneLogan
01-11-2012, 11:53 AM
hey,
new member to the forum so hopefully this hasn't all ready been asked, but i was wondering if there is a keyboard shortcut, or if it is possible to create a keyboard shortcut to "remove all tags".

The issue is that where i work i do lots of "code cleaning" and dreamweaver is a jem for this. When converting a word document into html then importing it into DW there is plenty of clean up required and in order to do so quickly i like using shortcuts.

I've looked at the list of the default shortcuts and i didnt see anything there, but i was wondering if anyone has had the same issue or might have even figured out how to make a shortcut.

Cheers

DWcourse
01-11-2012, 07:17 PM
There is the Clean Up Word HTML… command in the Commands menu.

If you are cutting and pasting from Word, you can use Paste Special (rather than Paste) to strip out formatting: Command+Shift+v (Mac) or Control+Shift+v (PC).

Finally, the Specific Tag option in Find and Replace offers a lot of control for stripping tags and attributes.

DwayneLogan
01-11-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm not directly copying it from word into DW, I use an MS programme to strip out most of the formatting. and i do use Find and Replace a lot to do exactly that. But when I'm dealing with subtitles and headers that are wrapped in tags that I need to replace with specific "header tags" or "styles" in order for it to work the way we want it to work.

example:
the original header would be

<p><u>TITLE</u></p>

and what I do is highlight that line, right click, Selection, then Remove All Tags

then i'm highlighting and add my specific tags to it.

<h2>TITLE</h2>

what I want to be able to do is simply highlight and "keyboard shortcut" for the "right click, Selection, then Remove All Tags" just to speed up the process a bit.

DWcourse
01-11-2012, 07:45 PM
When you have an object selected, you can right+click on the tag in the stays bar at the bottom of the document window and choose Remove Tag from the popup menu.