PDA

View Full Version : filename.php.html?????

tony09uk
01-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Hi, I am just looking through the code of a site that has been put together by a professional to get an idea how of areas i am lacking. There are file extensions of .php.html :confused: why? I have alwys thought that it would be one or the other and if you where using a php extension there would be no need to use the html extension. It is my understanding that there was a content management system put in place for the user to update this site, whould that make any difference?

Many thanks

domedia
01-08-2012, 06:24 PM
It is always just one, in this case a .html file. If you open the file, you'll get an idea of what it is too.

DWcourse
01-09-2012, 01:32 AM
There's a chance the server is set up to interpret PHP content in .html files (as well as in .php files). Perhaps the developer was simply indicating that the file in question contains PHP content in spite of the .html extension.

If that's the case and you move the files to another server, the site may not work until the server has been configured to recognize PHP code in .html documents.

tony09uk
01-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Thankyou. It was just one of many new things I keep stumbling on, which makes me question what little I do know

edbr
01-10-2012, 12:56 AM
which makes me question what little I do know

me too, its part of the journey