PDA

View Full Version : A push in the right direction

dasher
01-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Hi all, I've been asked to build a website for a friend. I've been using dreamweaver for a while now and am very much self taught. Basically my friend has designed the website in photoshop for me and I've done a bit of slicing and experimenting and I can't seem to make it work for me! I'm sure there is an easier way than how I'm doing, so I was hoping a few guiding steps would be possible from anyone willing to share their knowledge. I have attached a image of the photoshop design to give you a rough idea of what I'm up against. My friend has stated no browser scrolling where possible...

Thank you so much for your help in advance. I'm not asking you to go into detail of techniques and exactly how to do it as I can look that up myself. I don't want to waste too much of your time!

Dash

Ricky55
01-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Difficult to explain in text without writing an essay.

Check out this video and see if this helps.

Cheers

Ricky

http://vimeo.com/34439197

dasher
01-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Ricky I would just like to say a MASSIVE thank you for taking the time to do that. before I'd been using ap divs and all sorts of things which worked in the short term but never transferred to the browser. I made some headway earlier and your video confirms that I'm moving in the right direction (with a few bits I didn't know on top)

Once again a huge thank you. I'll let you know when the sites up so you can take a look at a beginners work :)

Dash

Ricky55
01-02-2012, 02:38 AM
No worries mate I enjoy helping people when I have the time. I still get help all the time, you never stop learning in this game.

Ap stands for absolutely positioned divs but they are not the way to construct a page. Have a bash using what I said, if you get stuck post back and I'll help you set up the basis of the page.

Cheers