PDA

View Full Version : Can't link a flash anim to a page on my site?

webperson
12-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Hello, New to the forum.

Um I'm finding something very hard that should be very easy.

I have inserted a flash anim into my site and there is no link option (like you have when you insert an image).

How do I link a flash anim to a html page on my site?

So when someone clicks on the flash anim it goes to my home page.

As I want a spinning logo to be my index page, then user clicks on it to enter and get taken to the home page.

Much help appreciated

thanks.

webperson
12-28-2011, 12:54 PM
also I'm using dreamweaver cs4 , thanks. And I'm not good at coding, hopefully there is a simple way to do this that I'm missing lol?

Chapo
12-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Well its very simple, the buttton function has to be made in the flash swf itself. You create a button in flash or the entire animation and ad the behavior go to web and just write home.html or any other link. Remember, the swf has to be in the folder as the site files.

Corrosive
12-29-2011, 11:07 AM
As I want a spinning logo to be my index page, then user clicks on it to enter and get taken to the home page.

Forget about it. Having a flash animation as your 'intro page' is outdated, annoys visitors and is incredibly bad for SEO.

domedia
12-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Welcome to the forum webperson!
Like Chapo said, the link has to be inserted in the .swf file. I would also follow Corrosives advice about just giving the user what they want, your home page, and not insert obstacles.

webperson
12-30-2011, 09:39 AM
Well its very simple, the buttton function has to be made in the flash swf itself. You create a button in flash or the entire animation and ad the behavior go to web and just write home.html or any other link. Remember, the swf has to be in the folder as the site files.

Hi Thanks I have macromedia flash 5 lol, I've opened the program and then isert my flash swf anim.

Could you tell me the steps after that thanks,

Someone should make a tutorial about this really? inserting a flash anim then linking it to another website or a page on the site.

webperson
12-30-2011, 09:41 AM
Forget about it. Having a flash animation as your 'intro page' is outdated, annoys visitors and is incredibly bad for SEO.

Hi thanks I have heard of that, I still would like a flash anim as welcome page I will leave it as a gif anim. Atm i'm fine with gif anims just can't link flash anims.

So I would still like to learn how to link a flash page to html pages.

webperson
12-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Welcome to the forum webperson!
Like Chapo said, the link has to be inserted in the .swf file. I would also follow Corrosives advice about just giving the user what they want, your home page, and not insert obstacles.

Thankyou this is the place for me to be lol. As I want to get better at dreamweaver, a few obstacles along the way. I worked out app divs and absolute positioning got all that worked out. The thing I'm stumpped on is linking a flash anim to a website. Like yahoo site builder you can just insert a flash anim then link it to another site.

I think dreamweaver could of put a link option in there lol :(

as I just mentioned could you tell me the steps in macromedia flash 5

thanks for your help in advance
cheers
Mark

webperson
12-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Hi I post a pic of where I am up to with flash, with the get URL action.

First step I inserted the movie clip
Second step I clicked on the object then at the top chose insert - convert to symbol (button)
third step i right clicked on the object and chose actions
forth step i then double clicked get URL and typed in google as an example URL I then closed the action script box .(as I don't see a assign to object button? So I'm assuming just pressing the cross on the actions scrip panel is okay?

final step I then exported the movie as swf.

last step I inserted it into dreamweaver went preview as i hover over the object the get url action isn't working?

webperson
12-30-2011, 11:43 AM
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff396/verystudios/flashgeturl2.jpg

Corrosive
12-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Moved to Flash board as the Flash guys will be more likely to look here.

webperson
12-31-2011, 05:15 AM
Moved to Flash board as the Flash guys will be more likely to look here.

Okay thanks . Everything else i've worked out the ap divs absolute positiong ect can make a decent site with app divs. Just stuck on this one thing linking a flash to a page html. Don't know why dreamweaver couldn't of just added link button :(