PDA

View Full Version : new thread problem

vellamos
12-17-2011, 05:08 PM
hi i am new to this forum and sorry for my bad english. i want to create a site for my football fun club and i have big problems.i want to create a site that publish text. like a jurnal site.(www.sportdog.gr )its a greek site and i want to make somethink similar but more simple. i want to know how can i connect an admin page- which i write the text - to my index page -which is the page that is homepage? sorry again for my bad english

peadar
12-18-2011, 12:32 AM
Hi vellamos,
if you are looking to just publish text about you team, you can easily just set up a blog, these will allow you to upload pictures et al, the site you linked to is a complex site that uses a bunch of script and css, so for something simple like keeping the fans up to dat a blog is a better way to go.
regards,
peter

mangofreak
12-18-2011, 03:42 AM
The site you provided was developed using and open source CMS called Drupal. It is one of many out there. As Peadar mentioned, it is a big application and the learning curve is great due to the many options it offers.

Try WOrdpress a bloggin CMS that can be modified to suit your needs and is also smaller but complete enough for almost any situation.

vellamos
12-18-2011, 08:18 AM
hi and thanks for the answers. i instaled wordpress suite and its fine. i have make a flash menu with adobe flash and i want to know if i can insrt it in the wordpress... can i change with dreamweaver the apiarence ? thanks

mangofreak
12-21-2011, 08:28 PM
the best answer I can give you is for you to look at a wordpress forum. Google it.
I just did and found one of many results:

http://www.extendstudio.com/creative-dw-menus-pack/Dreamweaver-flash-menu-Wordpress.html