PDA

View Full Version : Issues with inserting video in CS5

spider
12-17-2011, 02:55 PM
I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this issue. I use CS5 at the school I teach at and we are experiencing problems when we try to insert video files. I follow exactly the same steps that work on my laptop at home but in a school environment DW does not seem to behave in the same way. I have looked at the Adobe help and understand that there are 4 files needed to make the video run: the skin file, the FLV player,expressInstall.swf and swfobject_modified.js. Only 2 files are being created when we are using it across Windows network system. Has anyone got any ideas about how to solve this? Can I simply copy the missing files into the "scripts" folder or are they specific to the page/site?

spider
12-30-2011, 03:35 PM
In case anyone has this issue again- I have discovered that you cannot "preview" pages with videos in CS5. According to the Adobe info you can only see whether or not what you have inserted is working correctly if you upload it to your web server!! ( Is that an improvement? - not if you are using this in a school situation). The answer seems to be to use a portable web server on a pen drive and waste time copying ALL the site across to simply test its in the right place and working- I'm not impressed.