PDA

View Full Version : several pages with one big form

aryumin
12-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Hello
could you tell me is there an opportunity in the dreamweaver to create a web-form with many questions located in several web pages? For example 1st page will include 1st part of the questions and the button "nest" on the bottom, 2nd page will include 2nd part of the from and the button "next" etc and the last page with the submit button. So the data will be sent to the mysql table and located only in one row.
I'm interested in the way of making of such an algorithm only with dreamweaver without writing the php codes.

Thank you a lot!

mangofreak
12-16-2011, 09:58 PM
If Dreamweaver could do that sort of "Algorithm" without PHP my life would be much better. ;)

Dreamweaver is only a tool, in fact, a limited tool. To do that I 'm certain that you will have to hold the data of your forms somewhere until all the data from all the forms from page 1, 2, 3 are ready, then you'll have to create some kind of custom SQL to insert that data on a single row. Now, this can be done via php, asp, .Net, or some other language that will handle server side.

Hope it helps to clarify your perception about DW. If I'm wrong, I'm sure the kind experts here will kick my ass. ;)

aryumin
12-16-2011, 10:15 PM
mangofreak
thank you a lot
I just soppose that this function could be very popular and interesting for many people and maybe adobe should know that... there is a great deal of functions in the server behavior menu etc... so, may be there is the needed tool in DW...
But thank you for the information))

edbr
12-17-2011, 12:39 AM
the problem is DW tries to be a tool for as many uses as possible, it can never do that for all. in fact the reality is it produces bloated code which is quite difficult to work with if further modification is needed, My opinion but im certain is shared by many.
In the end, despite what its perceived use is, Dreamweaver is just a tool but does not replace the need for the knowledge of any aspect of web design or programing.

still there are forums like this that try to help with that :_)

aryumin
12-17-2011, 07:04 AM
thank you!
so, will it be better to study php and html in order to create good web-sites?
The fact that I heard in one forum that there is no opportunity to make a working form by dreamweaver - I was told that I had to study php in order the form works. Afterwards I made a form by dreamweaver. So I just suppose that the tool described my me may exist in dreamweaver)))
Nevertheless as I understand the best decision will be to study html and php
Thank you again

P.S. But if anybody knows how can I do the form located in several pages - please write the decision here)))

mangofreak
12-18-2011, 02:57 AM
I don't know if you have completely understood the answers we have provided. Dreamweaver can in fact makes it easy to build the forms, that is not the problem. What you initially suggested is to have various forms on various pages that will pass the data to a temp place and later insert it to a mySQL to a single row.

Here you are talking about HTML, PHP, MYSQL and perhaps some javascript. straight out of the box, without advanced knowledge of the above languages, you are talking difficult. Probably something like that will take some many hours and unfortunately time is money. If you can't do it I would suggest to hire someone who can. It may cost you less than you think. I hire people to write code that I can't do it on my own.