PDA

View Full Version : Possible Script or tutorial?

Drizzle02
12-14-2011, 04:51 AM
I was wondering if there was a simple tutorial or scripts I could use to make a page that has a profile.

The profile would consist of
Profile picture
Name
Images
About me
____

And that profile page could edit those by the account owner who has a username and password that was created.
____

I don't want to use a CMS, just something I can add to a custom html page I've created.

Thanks, sorry for the noobish question. Its just been killing me.

edbr
12-14-2011, 05:01 AM
normal way is to use a database , and have a membership with individuals data in it. There is a membership tutorial/ vid on this forum using php in tutorials

Corrosive
12-14-2011, 07:28 AM
I don't want to use a CMS, just something I can add to a custom html page I've created.

Any particular reason why you'd shy away from the ideal solution? A CMS or website framework (Drupal, Joomla etc) will have a lot of the functionality already or you'll be able to find it by searching for (mainly) free plug-ins.

Feels like a 'no brainer' to me.

Drizzle02
12-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Because I want it to be very simple. I don't like CMS like drupal or wordpress or joomla, because of their layouts. Sure I could use wordpress with buddypress or Joomla with joomsocial or drupal with another social managerment, but their just so darn a hasle to edit.

I just wanted basic and simple functionality on a website template that I created.

Corrosive
12-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Because I want it to be very simple. I don't like CMS like drupal or wordpress or joomla, because of their layouts. Sure I could use wordpress with buddypress or Joomla with joomsocial or drupal with another social managerment, but their just so darn a hasle to edit.

I just wanted basic and simple functionality on a website template that I created.

I can sympathise with that. Have you ever checked out the ModX CMS? That lets you use your own HTML/CSS and you plug in the functionality you want. It does not have as many options as Wordpress et al but it is a damn site easier to implement your own design from scratch. Otherwise maybe try the hotscripts website?

Drizzle02
12-14-2011, 03:53 PM
I haven't herd about ModX. I'm going have to give it a try, its more based around what I've been looking for.

Thanks, Corrosive.

Corrosive
12-14-2011, 04:03 PM
You are welcome. If you want a good set of tuts on Modx then go here; http://codingpad.maryspad.com/ Mary has some good stuff there.