PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver CS3 table rows

Tryingto
12-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Hi there

I am trying to build a website in Dreamweaver CS3. I have made a table, put a header and footer in. I am now trying to make text links in the table row below the header. I have put the background colour of the table row in, when I preview the page the table row is the same size in the browser, but, when I add text in the table row, when I then preview it the table row seems to have more than doubled in height when there is text in it, I am not happy with this. I have consulted my book and have not found a cure. Could someone help me with this please?

Kind regards

Tryingto :o

Tryingto
12-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Hi there

I seem to have solved the problem. It would seem that when I put a text indent in the table row, it causes the row to be displayed as much thicker in browsers. When I use 'Horz, centre', the row remains the same size when displayed in browsers. Is there a way of stopping text indent causing this problem?

Kind regards

Tryingto

Corrosive
12-12-2011, 07:50 AM
Don't use tables for layout. It's not what they are for and semantically incorrect. You can use divs, styled with CSS, for page structure.

Tryingto
12-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Hi Corrosive

Thankyou for your reply and advice. I will be looking into using div tags with CSS. Can you recommend any books please?

Kind regards

Trying to

Corrosive
12-12-2011, 08:22 AM
Not sure about books as such but this site is good; http://htmldog.com/ and they do publish a book as well.

Tryingto
12-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks very much :-)

Kind regards

Tryingto