PDA

View Full Version : Highlight keywords within html code?

megan2682
12-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Hey Guys

I was wondering if you can help. I'm in the process of updating my website to improve it's ranking for certain keywords, however I want to ensure I don't damage the high positions I have for others that already rank well.

I am looking for a way to highlight 2 lists of words (Current high rankers, Current low rankers) in 2 different colours (however if it is only possible to do one list, that would still be amazing). To be clear is only the appearance of the html (as I look at it) that I want to change, NOT the HTML itself.

This way I can clearly see all my keywords in the HTML, and as a result when editing I can very easily ensure accidents don't happen when deleting certain elements, it will also save me the time of manually searching for them. Being new to SEO, it would also help give me a better understanding about how my keywords are placed and how well / badly I have written my site (when it comes to search engines)

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Megan

Rob_Che
12-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Hey Megan!

It isn't usual to list keywords in the HTML itself - in fact it can damage your ranking.

Are these simply to increase search chances?

Link to page would be good :)

domedia
12-07-2011, 01:46 PM
If that is the case; listing words on your web page is not really going to help you SEO wise.