PDA

View Full Version : fresh set of eyes needed

BullDog
12-03-2011, 01:44 AM
Can I ask that a few of you take a look at http://www.bugorama.com/test/events.php ?

I cant seem to find the cause of a error in the code. On load or refresh, you'll see that all the collapsible panels and accordion panels flash expanded then collapse. This only happens on the event page and seems it may be caused by a div error I'm unable to find.

It appears to open or refresh with a much smaller div height then resize.

Thank you,

DWcourse
12-03-2011, 06:10 AM
Looks like it happens on every page to me it's just very quick sometimes.

BullDog
12-03-2011, 06:22 AM
Hmmm... I'm on a mac

can only reproduce on the:

events page in FF
all pages in Chrome
all pages on Safari
clear on Opera
events only in camino

What would cause this?

I just tried setting a height on the container div. that seamed to keep the div from changing size. hard to tell it happens so fast. but the panels all flash expanded still

DWcourse
12-03-2011, 06:28 AM
Nature of the beast I'm afraid. You have part of the page displaying before all the supporting information (JavaScript and CSS) is loaded. The different results on different browsers could reflect different download speed, how quickly the browser renders the page, etc.

It's more visible on the Events page because there is so much more info to download with the collapsible panels in the content area.

BullDog
12-03-2011, 06:35 AM
I was afraid of that.

the events page seems to be the only one the expands the collapsible panels. is it possibly cause by having both spry elements on the page. usually not a big deal but every once in a while it shows everything expanded on the events page for about a second or better.

Is there a work around at all to get everything to load before displaying?

BullDog
12-03-2011, 07:32 AM
ok, I see methods to pre-load the page using javascript or ajax. Are these still current methods? cons to pre-loading?

BullDog
12-06-2011, 06:42 AM
one more troublesome glitch. on the homepage only, when you mouse over any links bottom div flashes. Seems to be FF only.

My apologizes. seems to have been a cache issue of some kind. I rebooted and its back to normal.