PDA

View Full Version : - An FTP error occurred -

ali12may
12-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Started: 12/1/11 6:35 AM

public_html:NH-Furniture.htm - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put NH-Furniture.htm. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.

File activity incomplete. 1 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed.

Files with errors: 1
public_html:NH-Furniture.htm

Finished: 12/1/11 6:35 AM

*I need help, whenever I am trying to upload my website after doing a minor change, this is the message I am getting. I know my login and password are correct and I've tried passive ftp and the other options but can't seem to get it to work still. I'm using dreamweaver cs5. I am newer to this please help!

ali12may
12-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Started: 12/1/11 6:53 AM

NH-Furniture.htm - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put NH-Furniture.htm. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
NH-Furniture.htm - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put NH-Furniture.htm. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.

File activity incomplete. 2 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed.

Files with errors: 2
NH-Furniture.htm
NH-Furniture.htm

Finished: 12/1/11 6:53 AM

Corrosive
12-01-2011, 11:55 AM
You've not 'locked' the file by accident have you? http://help.adobe.com/en_US/dreamweaver/cs/using/WSc78c5058ca073340dcda9110b1f693f21-7eb9a.html

ali12may
12-01-2011, 12:23 PM
How would I know if I have "locked" it?? Where would I look?

Corrosive
12-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Read the link I posted. It tells you all about it.

ali12may
12-02-2011, 01:53 AM
I started doing the check in and out files and I think it has made things more confusing.. But, now I am getting a message like this :

Started: 12/1/11 9:58 PM

NH-Furniture.htm

Finished: 12/1/11 9:58 PM

DWcourse
12-02-2011, 03:56 AM
Is you host GoDaddy? http://www.dwcourse.com/dreamweaver/dreamweaver-cs5-5-ftp-bug-affects-godaddy-users.php

You shouldn't need to do file check in/out. I think the question was if you had already don't that accidentally.

You also might want to make sure that you have the server part of your site setup configured correctly in Dreamweaver. Read http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/cs5-setup.php very carefully.

ali12may
12-02-2011, 11:55 AM
I re-did the whole ftp site setup again but nothing changed and it says I am connected the to website.

When I am trying to bring up the page on the remote side I get a the loading box that will say:
public_html/images/top_02.gif - same - not transferred
/public_html/images/top_03.gif - same - not transferred
/public_html/images/top_04.gif - same - not transferred
/public_html/images/top_05.gif - same - not transferred
/public_html/images/top_06.gif - same - not transferred
/public_html/images/top_07.gif - same - not transferred
/public_html/images/top_08.gif - same - not transferred
/public_html/images/top_09.gif - same - not transferred
/public_html/images/child1.gif - same - not transferred
/public_html/images/child2.gif - same - not transferred
/public_html/images/child3.gif - same - not transferred
/public_html/images/testimonials1.gif - same - not transferred
/public_html/images/testimonials2.gif - same - not transferred
/public_html/images/testimonials3.gif - same - not transferred
/public_html/08_Wild_Geese.wma - same - not transferred

Corrosive
12-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Perhaps try a different FTP programme. I use Filezilla; http://filezilla-project.org/

See if you get the same results.

ali12may
12-02-2011, 12:05 PM
So I corrected that error I just posted. But, I am still getting

Started: 12/2/11 8:10 AM

public_html:NH-Furniture.htm - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put NH-Furniture.htm. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.

public_html:NH-Furniture.htm

Finished: 12/2/11 8:10 AM

This is a friends website that I am trying to update. Could they have made it so no one else can go in and update???

ali12may
12-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Actually I didnt fix the other error...
So, this is what I did. When I first started I was given the password, user name, and website. Then I used filezilla to get the webpage. I uploaded the whole site onto my computer in a file. When I open up dreamweaver I did exactly what the website said "site setup in dreamweaver cs5". then I connected. When I open up the local and remote folders they are identical but I am still getting errors. This isnt the my very first site, I updated another site before and I didnt have this problem. Maybe there is something with the server they are using?

DWcourse
12-02-2011, 09:37 PM
can you post a screen shot of your remote and local files view while connected?