PDA

View Full Version : Cannot wrap text around swf

Hobittual
11-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Try as I might I cannot put a video from Flash CS5 into a bunch of text and have it wrapped by the text. I have tried other video players, lots of tutorials, added numerous amounts of code and then removed it but I can only get the video overlaying the text or pushed below out of the way of it. Absolutely nothing works. I can do this v easily with an img. I can't seem to get the swf and text on the same layer, even by wrapping them in a div etc. I even tried an example where the guy had it on his page and invited you to check out his code and copy it, I did, I didn't work.
Advice would be great.
Hob

domedia
11-20-2011, 05:03 PM
Hi Hob,

Try first without the flash files. Just make an empty DIV container with width and height and float it so the text wrap around it. Once this looks good to you, insert the flash movie inside the floating DIV.

If this does not work, upload everything to a temporary area on the web, and someone can give you guidance on your exact situation.

Hobittual
11-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Thanks for that. This may sound dumb, but are you saying put text in a div then insert a second div inside it and get the text to wrap around it? Then put in the video? I have tried an awkward version of that but I will try it again.
Cheers.

Hobittual
11-20-2011, 05:52 PM
I just tried that again. I read I should treat the div as you would an image, if I insert an image it is fine, but not a div, with all(?) the code in place it still does nothing more than It has since yesterday.
Really baffled now.

domedia
11-20-2011, 07:14 PM
If you are having problems with it, please follow the rest of my instructions.

Hobittual
11-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Just doing that thanks.